Last-minute preps under way for Super Bowl
ARLINGTON, Texas (KABC) -- Last-minute preparations are under way in Arlington, Texas near Dallas to make sure the Super Bowl is not a super mess.
Firefighters have been working around the clock clearing snow and ice from the Cowboys Stadium roof.
NFL officials have asked that the roof be cleared before fans start arriving. Six people were hurt last week by ice that fell from the stadium's roof. Crews are also working to clear highways.
Pittsburg and Green Bay fans are quite familiar with bitter temperatures but say they expected a warmer welcome from the Lone Star State.
Officials raised the temperature inside the stadium in an attempt to melt remaining ice.
Meantime, fans lucky enough to have made it to Dallas hung out at fan appreciation booths on Saturday, snapped pictures and trash talked.
super bowl, snow, storm, green bay packers, pittsburgh steelers, nfl
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 29 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search 6 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India 12 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says