Tim Tebow's playoff win: higher power or dumb luck?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Denver Bronco Quarterback Tim Tebow Sunday delivered a dramatic overtime win against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Here's a look at the amazing link between his on-field performance and his favorite passage from scripture.
Monday's top Google search was the Bible verse John 3:16, Tebow's favorite passage.
The Broncos put their faith in a devoutly religious quarterback. Tebow is known for dropping to a knee, fist to forehead, in prayer after scoring a touchdown.
The 24-year-old has pulled off four overtime victories, including Sundays' 80-yard touchdown pass to beat Pittsburgh in the NFL wildcard playoffs.
Tebow credits his talent to a higher power.
When he played college football, Tebow would stencil "John 3:16," a reference to a well-known Bible passage, under his eyes. During the playoff game, Tebow threw for 316 yards and set an NFL record by averaging 31.6 yards per pass.
No matter what, Tim Tebow is getting a lot of attention: His name set a new record for Twitter after the game with more than 1 million tweets.
denver broncos, nfl
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 5 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 34 min ago
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 41 min ago