Junior Seau family rethinking donating brain to research
OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- The family of Junior Seau may be rethinking their decision to donate his brain for research into football-related injuries.
San Diego chargers chaplain Shawn Mitchell says Seau's family members are consulting with a group of elders on the matter.
In the meantime, there was a moving tribute Sunday for Seau. Hundreds of surfers took part in a paddle-out in front of his home in Oceanside. Seau loved to surf.
Sadly, one woman was taken to the hospital in serious condition after being found face down in the water during the tribute.
san diego chargers, usc trojans, nfl
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 33 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 32 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 20 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
47 min ago