Junior Seau family rethinking donating brain to research
OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- The family of Junior Seau may be rethinking their decision to donate his brain for research into football-related injuries.
San Diego chargers chaplain Shawn Mitchell says Seau's family members are consulting with a group of elders on the matter.
In the meantime, there was a moving tribute Sunday for Seau. Hundreds of surfers took part in a paddle-out in front of his home in Oceanside. Seau loved to surf.
Sadly, one woman was taken to the hospital in serious condition after being found face down in the water during the tribute.
san diego chargers, usc trojans, nfl
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 43 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months