Junior Seau family, friends pay respects at private memorial in Oceanside
OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Close friends and family will pay their final respects to former NFL linebacker Junior Seau at a private memorial held on Thursday.
The funeral and burial were scheduled for Friday.
A public celebration of Seau's life will be at Qualcomm Stadium Friday night. Several former San Diego Chargers, including Dan Fouts, Rodney Harrison and LaDainian Tomlinson, will speak at the event.
Fans are invited to attend the public event, which begins at 6:30 a.m. Parking and admission are free. The event is being paid for by the Chargers.
Seau, considered the best linebacker of his generation, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest on May 2.
san diego chargers, usc trojans, nfl
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- Katherine Jackson cries, leaves courtroom 23 min ago
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'