Junior Seau family, friends pay respects at private memorial in Oceanside
OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Close friends and family will pay their final respects to former NFL linebacker Junior Seau at a private memorial held on Thursday.
The funeral and burial were scheduled for Friday.
A public celebration of Seau's life will be at Qualcomm Stadium Friday night. Several former San Diego Chargers, including Dan Fouts, Rodney Harrison and LaDainian Tomlinson, will speak at the event.
Fans are invited to attend the public event, which begins at 6:30 a.m. Parking and admission are free. The event is being paid for by the Chargers.
Seau, considered the best linebacker of his generation, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest on May 2.
san diego chargers, usc trojans, nfl
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks