Junior Seau's home burglarized 5 days after death
OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are investigating a burglary at Junior Seau's home that took place just days after the NFL star's suicide.
Oceanside police are trying to figure out how a burglar got past a massive memorial outside the home in broad daylight and stole a $500 bike from Seau's home without anyone noticing. The bike belonged to a friend of Seau's.
Police said the burglar snuck through a doggie door in the garage at about 2 p.m. on May 7.
Meanwhile, it appears Seau's family is beginning to clear out the home. The memorial is now gone and movers have been packing up Seau's belongings.
Seau, considered the best linebacker of his generation, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest on May 2.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
san diego chargers, usc trojans, nfl
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 29 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 23 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 21 min ago
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty 35 min ago
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)