Junior Seau's home burglarized 5 days after death
OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are investigating a burglary at Junior Seau's home that took place just days after the NFL star's suicide.
Oceanside police are trying to figure out how a burglar got past a massive memorial outside the home in broad daylight and stole a $500 bike from Seau's home without anyone noticing. The bike belonged to a friend of Seau's.
Police said the burglar snuck through a doggie door in the garage at about 2 p.m. on May 7.
Meanwhile, it appears Seau's family is beginning to clear out the home. The memorial is now gone and movers have been packing up Seau's belongings.
Seau, considered the best linebacker of his generation, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest on May 2.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
san diego chargers, usc trojans, nfl
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 55 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 30 min ago
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
42 min ago