Junior Seau's home burglarized 5 days after death
OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are investigating a burglary at Junior Seau's home that took place just days after the NFL star's suicide.
Oceanside police are trying to figure out how a burglar got past a massive memorial outside the home in broad daylight and stole a $500 bike from Seau's home without anyone noticing. The bike belonged to a friend of Seau's.
Police said the burglar snuck through a doggie door in the garage at about 2 p.m. on May 7.
Meanwhile, it appears Seau's family is beginning to clear out the home. The memorial is now gone and movers have been packing up Seau's belongings.
Seau, considered the best linebacker of his generation, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest on May 2.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
san diego chargers, usc trojans, nfl
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break