Oceanside landmark dedicated to Junior Seau
OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A landmark in Oceanside has been given a new name in remembrance of former San Diego Chargers star Junior Seau.
Family and friends on Saturday helped dedicate a community center, renamed the Junior Seau Beach Community Center. The building is next to an amphitheater, which was also recently renamed after Seau. The former Charger lived just blocks away for several years.
Seau, 43, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest on May 2. He was considered the best linebacker of his generation.
Seau fans from all over came by to see his name engraved into a plaque right by the beach.
san diego chargers, usc trojans, nfl
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 7 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 25 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall 53 min ago
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says