Oceanside landmark dedicated to Junior Seau
OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A landmark in Oceanside has been given a new name in remembrance of former San Diego Chargers star Junior Seau.
Family and friends on Saturday helped dedicate a community center, renamed the Junior Seau Beach Community Center. The building is next to an amphitheater, which was also recently renamed after Seau. The former Charger lived just blocks away for several years.
Seau, 43, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest on May 2. He was considered the best linebacker of his generation.
Seau fans from all over came by to see his name engraved into a plaque right by the beach.
san diego chargers, usc trojans, nfl
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive 50 min ago
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
34 min ago