Oceanside landmark dedicated to Junior Seau
OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A landmark in Oceanside has been given a new name in remembrance of former San Diego Chargers star Junior Seau.
Family and friends on Saturday helped dedicate a community center, renamed the Junior Seau Beach Community Center. The building is next to an amphitheater, which was also recently renamed after Seau. The former Charger lived just blocks away for several years.
Seau, 43, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest on May 2. He was considered the best linebacker of his generation.
Seau fans from all over came by to see his name engraved into a plaque right by the beach.
san diego chargers, usc trojans, nfl
- Reseda shooting injures 2 on Canby Avenue 8 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE 46 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs 15 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)