Oceanside landmark dedicated to Junior Seau
OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A landmark in Oceanside has been given a new name in remembrance of former San Diego Chargers star Junior Seau.
Family and friends on Saturday helped dedicate a community center, renamed the Junior Seau Beach Community Center. The building is next to an amphitheater, which was also recently renamed after Seau. The former Charger lived just blocks away for several years.
Seau, 43, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest on May 2. He was considered the best linebacker of his generation.
Seau fans from all over came by to see his name engraved into a plaque right by the beach.
san diego chargers, usc trojans, nfl
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 16 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 49 min ago
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 38 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 42 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 44 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour