Chad Johnson arrested for domestic violence
MIAMI (KABC) -- Miami Dolphins wide receiver Chad Johnson was arrested Saturday on suspicion of head-butting his newlywed wife during an argument in front of their Florida home.
Police said the incident began when Johnson and his wife, Evelyn Lozada, were at dinner and she confronted him about a receipt she found for the purchase of condoms.
They continued to argue on their drive to their home in Davie, just north of Miami, when Lozada said that Johnson head-butted her when they arrived at their driveway.
Lozana was treated at a hospital for a cut to her forehead, police said.
Johnson, 34, was arrested on charges of simple battery and domestic violence, which is a misdemeanor. He was being held in jail until he could appear before a judge, which may not be until Monday.
Johnson, who changed his last name back to Johnson from Ochocinco after his July 4 wedding to Lozada, is a six-time Pro Bowl receiver. He signed with the Dolphins in June.
Lozada is a reality TV personality who appears in the VH1 series "Basketball Wives."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, celebrity, nfl
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- IE school, parents make push for crosswalk
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'