Miami Dolphins release Chad Johnson after battery charge
DAVIE, Fla. (KABC) -- NFL receiver Chad Johnson was released from the Miami Dolphins one day after his arrest for domestic battery against his wife.
Johnson received the news Sunday after leaving jail on $2,500 bond. Johnson is accused of head-butting Evelyn Lozada, his wife, during an argument in front of the couple's home on Saturday.
The confrontation came nearly a month after Johnson married Lozada, who is on the reality TV show "Basketball Wives." If convicted, he could face a year in jail.
Johnson was battling for a spot in Miami after a disappointing season with the New England Patriots.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
miami dolphins, nfl
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case 49 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten 40 min ago
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised