Banks to attend minicamp tryout with Seahawks
Brian Banks has accepted the offer of Seattle coach Pete Carroll and will get a formal tryout with the Seahawks during their upcoming minicamp.SEATTLE -- Brian Banks has accepted the offer of Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and will get a formal tryout with the team during its upcoming minicamp.
Banks' agent, Bruce Tollner, confirmed Sunday that after flying to Kansas City for a workout with the Chiefs, the 26-year-old linebacker will return to the Pacific Northwest and take part in the Seahawks' minicamp. The minicamp starts Tuesday, but Banks' first day isn't expected to be until Wednesday.
Banks had a private workout at the Seahawks' practice facility Thursday. Following the workout, Carroll said he wanted to bring Banks back for the minicamp and see him on the field.
Banks was a one-time high school star at Long Beach Poly who last month was exonerated in a California rape case in which he was falsely accused. Banks served more than five years in prison.
Banks worked out for the San Diego Chargers on Friday but left town without a contract, according to the U-T San Diego. His attorney told the newspaper that the Washington Redskins, Minnesota Vikings and San Francisco 49ers would like to work out the player, too.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite 2 min ago
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move 57 min ago
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing 11 min ago
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Expansions for women in combat to be announced
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour 49 min ago
- Justin Bieber cleared in crash investigation
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos