Are Tiger Woods, wife heading for divorce?
LOS ANGELES -- There are new reports that Tiger Woods' wife, Elin Nordegren, is going to divorce the golf superstar.
It has been three weeks since the Woods' car crash that set off a flurry of rumors and led to his own admission of infidelity.
Sources say she's not rushing to divorce, with new revelations almost every day. She allegedly wants to wait until everything gets out before she agrees to anything.
However, a source close to Nordegren told ABC News.com Thursday that a "divorce is 100 percent on." With so much money involved, a divorce could be long and brutal.
"If Elin is out looking for a lawyer -- and I hear she's interviewing lawyers -- and she wants to go get a bulldog and someone who has a reputation for really fighting, then that's how the case will go," said attorney Dean Masserman.
There are reports Nordegren is talking to Los Angeles attorney Sorrell Trope, who's currently representing Dodgers owner Frank McCourt in his divorce. He also represented Britney Spears and Nicole Kidman.
Since Nordegren lives in Florida, the divorce will likely be filed there. In addition, adultery is relevant in Florida in a divorce. It is not relevant in California, which is a no fault state.
Masserman says a prenuptial agreement in this case probably won't even come into play.
"Tiger's going to want this to go away quickly and quietly. And if the prenup, for example, said in the event of divorce Elin gets a million dollars, he'll easily give her $50 million if that's going to make this case go away quietly. I don't know what the prenup says, nobody does," said Masserman.
What appeared to be a moving truck was spotted Tuesday in the driveway of the couple's Isleworth, Fla., home. The former Swedish model was also recently photographed pumping gas without her wedding ring.
As Tiger loses some endorsements, some say it is in Wood's best interest to end it as quickly as possible.
There are reports that Nordegren is planning to spend Christmas in Sweden without Woods. However, to she would need his permission to take their children out of the country.
She could file divorce papers after the holidays.
pga, carlos granda
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured 22 min ago
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 41 min ago
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 58 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office 6 min ago
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians