Memorial held for golfing pro Erica Blasberg
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A public memorial service was held in Corona Wednesday for golfing pro Erica Blasberg.
The 25-year-old Corona native died May 9 at her home in Henderson, Nevada. Coroner's officials are still investigating her death and police say they have not ruled out suicide. Results on an autopsy have yet to be announced.
The memorial service was held at the Eagle Glen Golf Club. The 25-year-old's silver coffin was flanked by flowers as family members and friends remembered Blasberg.
Blasberg was in her sixth season on the Ladies Professional Golf Association circuit. According to her family, she was planning to head to Mobile, Ala., for the qualifying round in the LGPA tour just days before she died.
The golfer won a half-dozen college tournaments in her two years at the University of Arizona in Tucson, which she left in her sophomore year to turn pro. In 2003, she was named Golfweek's "Player of the Year."
A private burial ceremony was held in Corona Del Mar Wednesday afternoon.
famous death, riverside county, pga
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter