Tiger Woods apologizes for spitting on green
VIRGINIA WATER, England (KABC) -- Tiger Woods apologized via Twitter after getting fined by the European Tour for spitting on the green.
The incident came on the 12th green of the Dubai Desert Classic on Sunday after Woods missed a putt for par.
The tournament director said Wood's spit is a breach of the European Tour's conduct.
"The Euro Tour is right - it was inconsiderate to spit like that and I know better," Woods said on Twitter. "Just wasn't thinking and want to say I'm sorry."
The tour's code of conduct states that when a player becomes a member, he "voluntarily submits himself to standards of behavior and ethical conduct beyond those required of ordinary golfers and members of the public."
The tour said it would not disclose the amount of the fine.
After trailing by one stroke going into the final round, Woods shot three over par, finishing tied for 20th place.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter