Tiger Woods apologizes for spitting on green
VIRGINIA WATER, England (KABC) -- Tiger Woods apologized via Twitter after getting fined by the European Tour for spitting on the green.
The incident came on the 12th green of the Dubai Desert Classic on Sunday after Woods missed a putt for par.
The tournament director said Wood's spit is a breach of the European Tour's conduct.
"The Euro Tour is right - it was inconsiderate to spit like that and I know better," Woods said on Twitter. "Just wasn't thinking and want to say I'm sorry."
The tour's code of conduct states that when a player becomes a member, he "voluntarily submits himself to standards of behavior and ethical conduct beyond those required of ordinary golfers and members of the public."
The tour said it would not disclose the amount of the fine.
After trailing by one stroke going into the final round, Woods shot three over par, finishing tied for 20th place.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Memorial Day: More travelers hitting the road
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Deputies shoot, killed armed man in Compton 53 min ago
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews