Bob Hope Classic golf tourney changes names
LA QUINTA, Calif. (KABC) -- Bob Hope's name is being removed from the local golf tournament he started hosting in 1965.
The event, held annually in La Quinta, continued to be known as the Bob Hope Classic even after he died in 2003.
But when it's played next January, it will be called the Humana Challenge, named for the health insurance company sponsoring the competition.
Hope's name won't disappear altogether. The trophy given to the winner will be named for the late comedian.
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged 49 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour