Bob Hope Classic golf tourney changes names
LA QUINTA, Calif. (KABC) -- Bob Hope's name is being removed from the local golf tournament he started hosting in 1965.
The event, held annually in La Quinta, continued to be known as the Bob Hope Classic even after he died in 2003.
But when it's played next January, it will be called the Humana Challenge, named for the health insurance company sponsoring the competition.
Hope's name won't disappear altogether. The trophy given to the winner will be named for the late comedian.
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain 27 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate 11 min ago