Fans get face time, tee time with Tiger Woods
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- While NBA players are waiting to play, professional golfer Tiger Woods is still waiting to win.
November will mark two years since his last victory. Tuesday, Tiger was in Hollywood promoting his December tournament.
He walked in donning his typical Sunday best, but Woods was quick to admit his best on Sundays has been missing for close to two years.
"Unfortunately, I fell quite a bit and I fell fast," says Woods.
Woods was in Hollywood to promote his tournament at Sherwood Country Club. Over 2011, it has been a forgettable year on the course for Woods dealing with injuries, missed cuts, and an "extreme makeover golf-swing" edition. He's fallen out of the top 50 in the world rankings, and he's not the feared player he once was.
"I think it's a process," says Woods. "Once I get consistent enough where I'm there week in and week out every time I play, we'll see where the chips fall. But I need to get there first."
Aside from promoting his tournament, Woods gave four of his fans the chance to have a putting contest at Hollywood and Highland. The winner gets to walk inside the ropes with Woods during the first round of his tournament.
"I was so nervous, and he's such a nice person," said L.A. resident Carol Alexander. "He really is nice."
Rick Tolentino of Ventura won the fan contest, then got a shot at Woods. But nerves got the best of him.
"My hands were just shaking non-stop," said Tolentino. "I had to put my brain to where I'm just playing with my buddies, but it did not happen."
"Now you know how we feel, you know," said Woods. "They're in an environment they're not used to and you're always going to be nervous like that. And that's what's cool about it, to see these guys and how they react. They did great."
And great is a word Tiger Woods hopes to return to in 2012.
pga, john hartung
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'