Molinaro wins first Symetra Tour title by 5 shots
Giulia Molinaro won the Friends of Mission Charity Classic on Sunday for first Symetra Tour title, closing with a 7-under 65 for a five-stroke victory.
ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- Giulia Molinaro won the Friends of Mission Charity Classic on Sunday for her first Symetra Tour title, closing with a 7-under 65 for a five-stroke victory.
Molinaro, the former Arizona State player from Italy, had a 13-under 203 total at the Country Club of Asheville. She earned $15,000.
"I had an amazing day," Molinaro said. "I've never been in contention for a professional tournament like this and, the first day I was, I won it, so I'm in seventh heaven right now. I played amazing, I'm extremely happy, everything went my way. I mean, I saw putts that were going in and everything went great."
Macarena Silva, a former Florida State player from Chile, was second after a 67.
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 32 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Obama to preserve California federal lands 24 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos