Molinaro wins first Symetra Tour title by 5 shots
Giulia Molinaro won the Friends of Mission Charity Classic on Sunday for first Symetra Tour title, closing with a 7-under 65 for a five-stroke victory.
ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- Giulia Molinaro won the Friends of Mission Charity Classic on Sunday for her first Symetra Tour title, closing with a 7-under 65 for a five-stroke victory.
Molinaro, the former Arizona State player from Italy, had a 13-under 203 total at the Country Club of Asheville. She earned $15,000.
"I had an amazing day," Molinaro said. "I've never been in contention for a professional tournament like this and, the first day I was, I won it, so I'm in seventh heaven right now. I played amazing, I'm extremely happy, everything went my way. I mean, I saw putts that were going in and everything went great."
Macarena Silva, a former Florida State player from Chile, was second after a 67.
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos