Molinaro wins first Symetra Tour title by 5 shots
Giulia Molinaro won the Friends of Mission Charity Classic on Sunday for first Symetra Tour title, closing with a 7-under 65 for a five-stroke victory.
ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- Giulia Molinaro won the Friends of Mission Charity Classic on Sunday for her first Symetra Tour title, closing with a 7-under 65 for a five-stroke victory.
Molinaro, the former Arizona State player from Italy, had a 13-under 203 total at the Country Club of Asheville. She earned $15,000.
"I had an amazing day," Molinaro said. "I've never been in contention for a professional tournament like this and, the first day I was, I won it, so I'm in seventh heaven right now. I played amazing, I'm extremely happy, everything went my way. I mean, I saw putts that were going in and everything went great."
Macarena Silva, a former Florida State player from Chile, was second after a 67.
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged 44 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos