Stanley Cup Finals 2012: Kings lose 2-1 against Devils in Game 5
NEWARK, N.J. (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Kings lost 2-1 to the New Jersey Devils in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
After giving up a goal in the 1st period, the Kings tied it up with a shot by Justin Williams in the 16th minute of the second period. New Jersey fought back to take the lead again 2-1.
Los Angeles is up 3-2 in the best-of-seven series, winning the opening two games in Newark to improve to a league-record 10-0 this postseason. The Kings won Game 3 at home before the Devils forced a return to the East Coast with a win in Game 4.
If the Kings win Game 6, they will take possession of the Stanley Cup for the first time in franchise history.
los angeles kings, new jersey devils, nhl
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 37 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant 13 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
59 min ago