Stanley Cup Finals 2012: Kings lose 2-1 against Devils in Game 5
NEWARK, N.J. (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Kings lost 2-1 to the New Jersey Devils in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
After giving up a goal in the 1st period, the Kings tied it up with a shot by Justin Williams in the 16th minute of the second period. New Jersey fought back to take the lead again 2-1.
Los Angeles is up 3-2 in the best-of-seven series, winning the opening two games in Newark to improve to a league-record 10-0 this postseason. The Kings won Game 3 at home before the Devils forced a return to the East Coast with a win in Game 4.
If the Kings win Game 6, they will take possession of the Stanley Cup for the first time in franchise history.
los angeles kings, new jersey devils, nhl
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 25 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks 29 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 45 min ago
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected 5 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash 59 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role