Stanley Cup Finals 2012: Kings lose 2-1 against Devils in Game 5
NEWARK, N.J. (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Kings lost 2-1 to the New Jersey Devils in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
After giving up a goal in the 1st period, the Kings tied it up with a shot by Justin Williams in the 16th minute of the second period. New Jersey fought back to take the lead again 2-1.
Los Angeles is up 3-2 in the best-of-seven series, winning the opening two games in Newark to improve to a league-record 10-0 this postseason. The Kings won Game 3 at home before the Devils forced a return to the East Coast with a win in Game 4.
If the Kings win Game 6, they will take possession of the Stanley Cup for the first time in franchise history.
los angeles kings, new jersey devils, nhl
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 54 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley 5 min ago
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- Communications satellite launched into space
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert