Stanley Cup Finals 2012: Kings lose 2-1 against Devils in Game 5
NEWARK, N.J. (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Kings lost 2-1 to the New Jersey Devils in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
After giving up a goal in the 1st period, the Kings tied it up with a shot by Justin Williams in the 16th minute of the second period. New Jersey fought back to take the lead again 2-1.
Los Angeles is up 3-2 in the best-of-seven series, winning the opening two games in Newark to improve to a league-record 10-0 this postseason. The Kings won Game 3 at home before the Devils forced a return to the East Coast with a win in Game 4.
If the Kings win Game 6, they will take possession of the Stanley Cup for the first time in franchise history.
los angeles kings, new jersey devils, nhl
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating 18 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)