No rape charges against Kings' Drew Doughty
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced Wednesday it declined to press charges against L.A. Kings hockey player Drew Doughty in a reported sexual assault that allegedly took place in Hermosa Beach on March 1.
Doughty was accused of having sex with a woman against her will at his house after a night of drinking at Baja Sharkeez bar on the Hermosa Beach Pier.
The woman told Hermosa Beach Police that Doughty raped her and forced her to orally copulate him. She said Doughty did not threaten her, but did have sex with her against her will.
According to the D.A.'s charge evaluation, police offered to record a phone call between suspect and alleged victim in an attempt to get incriminating statements from suspect, but the alleged victim did not want to call Doughty.
The D.A.'s Office declined to press charges against Doughty due to lack of sufficient evidence to proceed with the case.
Doughty, 22, is the Kings' top-paid player annually. He scored two goals and had four assists in the Stanley Cup Finals.
los angeles kings, nhl
- Boy Scouts votes to accept openly gay boys 59 min ago
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- 3 arrested for stealing gas from Fontana station 11 min ago
- 2-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'