New Jersey, Philadelphia to host next two drafts
The NHL draft is sticking close to the league's headquarters in New York.PITTSBURGH -- The NHL draft is sticking close to the league's headquarters in New York.
The league announced Friday the 2013 draft will be held at the Prudential Center, the home of the New Jersey Devils in Newark, N.J.
The 2014 edition will be at the Wells Fargo Center, home of the Philadelphia Flyers.
It will be the first time hosting the draft for both franchises, and next year's draft will be the first held in the New York area.
The NHL made the announcement shortly before the 2012 draft began at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, where 10,000 fans scooped up tickets to the event.
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos