Fisher inks 2-year, $8.4M extension with Preds
Center Mike Fisher has signed a two-year extension worth $8.4 million with the Predators, the team announced Monday night.NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Mike Fisher thinks Nashville is a perfect situation for him, and the Predators apparently feel the same way about the 32-year-old center.
General manager David Poile announced an $8.4 million, two-year contract extension with Fisher at a fan event Monday night. Fisher was already under contract for the upcoming season with a $3 million salary and a salary-cap hit of $4.2 million.
Nashville acquired Fisher in a trade with Ottawa in February 2011, and he had 24 goals and 51 points in his first full season with the Predators. Fisher centered the team's top offensive line for much of the year.
"Obviously I love being here," said Fisher, who was one of Nashville's alternate captains last season. "It has been a great year and a half for me. I love everything about the city. It is just a perfect situation."
Fisher is married to country music singer Carrie Underwood, and the couple's primary home is in the Nashville area.
"Family and lifestyle are obviously most important," he said.
Fisher has 196 goals and 215 assists in 774 career NHL games.
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- IE school, parents make push for crosswalk
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos