New doping allegations against Lance Armstrong
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There are new doping allegations against cyclist Lance Armstrong, and this time, it's coming from a former teammate.
Tyler Hamilton told "60 Minutes" he used performance-enhancing drugs with Armstrong to cheat in cycling races, including the Tour de France.
He said Armstrong took a blood booster called EPO in the 1999 tour and before the race in 2000 and 2001. armstrong won the race every year from 1999 to 2005.
"I saw (EPO) in his refrigerator. ... I saw him inject it more than one time, like we all did. Like I did, many, many times," Hamilton said.
Shortly after Hamilton's comments aired, Armstrong refuted the claims and tweeted "20+ year career. 500 drug controls worldwide, in and out of competition. Never a failed test. I rest my case."
Armstrong's camp was quick to undercut the credibility of the accuser.
"Hamilton is actively seeking to make money by writing a book, and now he has completely changed the story he has always told before so that he could get himself on '60 Minutes' and increase his chances with publishers," Armstrong attorney Mark Fabiani said.
It will be up to the members of the grand jury to decide whether they believe the Hamilton who steadfastly denied doping for years - at times concocting elaborate excuses for his positive tests - or the one who testified under oath about the Armstrong case.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 55 min ago
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma 43 min ago
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee 8 min ago
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- New ACL surgery technique reduces failure rate 41 min ago
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10