Torch for 2012 London Olympics revealed
LONDON (KABC) -- The torch for the 2012 London Olympics was revealed on Wednesday.
The torch is a golden aluminum tube with 8,000 holes that represent the number of torch bearers and how many miles it will travel in a 70-day relay across Britain.
Its triangular shape symbolizes the three times London has hosted the games.
The Olympic flame arrives from Greece on May 18, 2012.
After the torch run, it will be used to light the cauldron at the opening of the Olympics on July 27, 2012.
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 1 min ago
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark 21 min ago
- Hesperia house fire started in gas fireplace 4 min ago
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
41 min ago
- Pet of the Week: Beagle mix named Noelle
38 min ago