Torch for 2012 London Olympics revealed
LONDON (KABC) -- The torch for the 2012 London Olympics was revealed on Wednesday.
The torch is a golden aluminum tube with 8,000 holes that represent the number of torch bearers and how many miles it will travel in a 70-day relay across Britain.
Its triangular shape symbolizes the three times London has hosted the games.
The Olympic flame arrives from Greece on May 18, 2012.
After the torch run, it will be used to light the cauldron at the opening of the Olympics on July 27, 2012.
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 22 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 46 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon 32 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...