Boxer 'Macho' Camacho shot in face in Puerto Rico
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (KABC) -- Former boxer champion Hector "Macho" Camacho was in worsening condition Wednesday after being shot in the face outside of San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Camacho suffered cardiac arrest after the shooting and is on life support. Doctors and his family were expected to decide whether to remove him from life support.
The 50-year-old was shot Tuesday night as he sat in a car outside a bar. Another man in the car, 49-year-old Adrian Mojica Moreno, was killed. Police said two assailants fled the scene in an SUV. The motive for the shooting remains unknown.
Camacho won super lightweight, lightweight and junior welterweight world titles in the 1980s. The fighter's last title bout came against then-welterweight champion Oscar De La Hoya in 1997, a loss by unanimous decision. He last fought in May 2010, losing to Saul Duran.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 10 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)