Thrills and spills at the X Games
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- The 15th annual X Games are going on at the Staples Center and Home Depot Center this weekend.
On Saturday, Moto X took center stage. But it was the extreme sports stars who were on hand to greet fans, the sun and, of course, all the action that really got fans riled up.
- Photos: 15th annual X Games in SoCal
- Video: Interview with Tony Hawk
- Video: Interview with Ryan Sheckler
- Video: Interview with Sal Masekela
- Video: Interview with Travis Pastrana
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
The defending Moto X gold medalist, Jeremy Lusk, passed away five months ago in Costa Rica when he landed head-first during a bad jump.
When asked about when an extreme athlete decides if he or she is pushing the limit, seven-time X Game medalist Nate Adams said, "It's a really fine line and the guys that can ride that fine line are the guys that can stay on top for a long time. And you kind of have to push yourself to where your limit is and kind of hold it there. But, you know, just not be stupid and not do something that you don't think you can land 100 percent. So, it's a tough thing and it's probably the most important thing to having a long career, or a successful career ... is just knowing when to say when. Get second today ... when you want to win, that's a tough thing to do and walk away, but it's a smart thing to do."
- Video: Skateboard vert thrives at X Games
- Video: Push for safety after Lusk's death
- Video: High school skaters set to compete
- Video: Thrills and spills at the X Games
- Video: What makes a true X Games fan?
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 19 min ago
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress 44 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysian plane search expands further 47 min ago
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family 51 min ago
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14