Last fan injured by lightning bolt leaves hospital
All nine race fans injured by lightning strikes in the parking lot at Pocono Raceway have been released from local hospitals, track officials say.LONG POND, Pa. -- All nine race fans injured by lightning strikes in the parking lot at Pocono Raceway have been released from local hospitals, track officials say.
One bolt hit the grandstand parking area around 5 p.m. last Sunday, killing 41-year-old Brian Zimmerman of nearby Moosic, who died as he stood near his car with the back hatch open. Eight others were injured and a second strike came around 6:35 p.m., sending a ninth person to a hospital. All had various degrees of injuries.
Private funeral services for Zimmerman will be held Saturday in Old Forge, Pa.
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Van Nuys stabbing victim's family speaks out
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment 34 min ago
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal 10 min ago
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos