Fennig selected as Edwards' crew chief for '13
Roush Fenway Racing Sprint Cup driver Carl Edwards will have a new crew chief in 2013.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Roush Fenway Racing Sprint Cup driver Carl Edwards will have a new crew chief in 2013.
Jimmy Fennig will replace Chad Norris, moving from the No. 17 team where he currently works with lame-duck driver Matt Kenseth. Norris began working with Edwards in mid-July when Bob Osborne stepped down for unspecified health reasons.
Edwards was 11th in points at the time. He enters Sunday's finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway in 15th.
Scott Graves, who has been working in research and development, will take over the No. 17 that Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will drive after Kenseth moves to Joe Gibbs Racing in 2013.
Sources said the organization believes Graves' experience in developing the new car for RFR will be helpful for Stenhouse, on the verge of his second straight Nationwide Series title.
Graves has some crew chief experience, having worked with Edwards when he won the Nationwide Series race at Watkins Glen and helping Trevor Bayne to the Nationwide pole at Bristol.
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos