LA Galaxy to host Houston Dynamo for MLS Cup final
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Galaxy will host this year's MLS championship game after a big win in the Western Conference finals Sunday night.
Mike Magee scored the go-ahead goal on a pass from David Beckham in the 58th minute, and Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane also scored as Los Angeles advanced to the MLS Cup with a 3-1 victory over Real Salt Lake on Sunday night in the conference final.
"When we walked through the tunnel for the second half, we heard some of their players saying we were tired, we were done," Beckham said. "I think that inspired us a little bit."
Los Angeles advances to face the Houston Dynamo for the MLS title Nov. 20 at Home Depot Center, in what could be Beckham's final game. He will play for his first MLS title in the final game of his groundbreaking five-year contract with the Galaxy.
Beckham gave his conference finals championship hats to his three sons saying he isn't quite ready to celebrate yet.
And while there are questions about his future, he says a win in the MLS Cup final is all he and his teammates are focused on.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
los angeles galaxy, soccer
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 3 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Malibu whales caught on drone camera
38 min ago