LA Galaxy fans arrested for rowdy behavior
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KABC) -- Several Los Angeles Galaxy soccer fans were arrested Sunday for alleged rowdy behavior during the team's match with the San Jose Earthquakes.
Fans watching the game on TV were not aware of what was going on in the stands of Buck Shaw Stadium at Santa Clara University.
At least 20 Santa Clara police units were called to the stadium, and seven fans were arrested. Authorities said five are being charged with resisting arrest.
"I heard yelling and screaming, so I looked back and I just saw pushing and shoving, just a big wild group out of control," said witness Dylan Hill.
In the middle of the commotion, at least one smoke bomb went flying. Witnesses said it came from the Galaxy section, but that has not been confirmed by police.
los angeles galaxy, soccer
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 8 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 17 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured 56 min ago
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest 34 min ago
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis 11 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
6 min ago