Prop 8 supporters take Calif. AG to court
Proposition 8 supporters are bringing their battle with California's Attorney General Jerry Brown to court.
Supporters said they are upset over Brown's about-face.
Brown had initially said he would support the voter-approved gay marriage ban, but recently changed his mind.
Last month he told the California Supreme Court that voters lacked the authority to deprive a minority group of a basic civil right.
In their filing, lawyers for the Protect Marriage Coalition say that Brown's legal theory is not valid.
MORE L.A. BREAKING NEWS, WEATHER, TRAFFIC, SPORTS
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 || WIDGET
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report