Man stabbed near eye with pen at Comic-Con
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A man was stabbed near the eye with a pen on Saturday at Comic-Con at the San Diego Convention Center.
The stabbing occurred around 4:45 p.m. at the convention center in Hall C when two men began arguing about one sitting too close to the other in the crowded room.
The argument escalated into a physical altercation and one man stabbed the other with a pen. Authorities said the victim was taken to a local hospital with a minor cut near his eyelid.
The suspect was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.
The men were in their early 20s and the pen stabbing occurred between panels for "Resident Evil: Afterlife" and two upcoming films from Universal Studios, "Paul" and "Cowboys and Aliens," which was delayed for 45 minutes because of the incident.
Comic-Con is San Diego's largest annual convention.
CNS contributed to this report.
san diego, comic-con, stabbing, arrest, california news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 26 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker