Man stabbed near eye with pen at Comic-Con
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A man was stabbed near the eye with a pen on Saturday at Comic-Con at the San Diego Convention Center.
The stabbing occurred around 4:45 p.m. at the convention center in Hall C when two men began arguing about one sitting too close to the other in the crowded room.
The argument escalated into a physical altercation and one man stabbed the other with a pen. Authorities said the victim was taken to a local hospital with a minor cut near his eyelid.
The suspect was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.
The men were in their early 20s and the pen stabbing occurred between panels for "Resident Evil: Afterlife" and two upcoming films from Universal Studios, "Paul" and "Cowboys and Aliens," which was delayed for 45 minutes because of the incident.
Comic-Con is San Diego's largest annual convention.
CNS contributed to this report.
san diego, comic-con, stabbing, arrest, california news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate