Nunez family gave gift to prison official
SACRAMENTO (KABC) -- Another incident involving the imprisoned son of former state Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez is raising eyebrows.
The Nunez family reportedly tried to give a gift to an administrator at Mule Creek State Prison, where Esteban Nunez is serving time for manslaughter.
The prison says the administrator received an Amazon Kindle from the Nunezes, but she returned it.
Esteban Nunez is serving a seven-year sentence for his role in a fatal knife attack.
In one of his last acts as governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger cut Nunez's sentence by more than half.
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78 26 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report