Fresno Amber Alert suspect may be in SoCal
FRESNO, Calif. (KABC) -- An Amber Alert was issued after a man allegedly kidnapped an infant from Fresno County. Authorities say the suspect may be headed to Southern California.
The 10-month-old boy has been identified as Elijah Rivas.
Investigators say 19-year-old Edgar Ramos, who's the boy's father, kidnapped him from his mother's house in Riverdale on Saturday night.
An Amber Alert was issued, but because Ramos' car was found in Kern County, the Amber Alert will not be visible on highway billboards. Authorities believe Ramos could be in the Fresno area or Los Angeles.
"He said he was going to come back inside in a few minutes. Three, five minutes went by, and I called him, he didn't answer," said mother Lupe Bueno. "I came out, the car was gone and my son was gone."
Bueno says she and Ramos are wrapped up in a bitter custody battle. Their next court appearance was scheduled for Wednesday.
Anyone with information on Ramos' whereabouts should call 911.
amber alert, california news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse 51 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 32 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 22 min ago
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts