Fresno Amber Alert suspect may be in SoCal
FRESNO, Calif. (KABC) -- An Amber Alert was issued after a man allegedly kidnapped an infant from Fresno County. Authorities say the suspect may be headed to Southern California.
The 10-month-old boy has been identified as Elijah Rivas.
Investigators say 19-year-old Edgar Ramos, who's the boy's father, kidnapped him from his mother's house in Riverdale on Saturday night.
An Amber Alert was issued, but because Ramos' car was found in Kern County, the Amber Alert will not be visible on highway billboards. Authorities believe Ramos could be in the Fresno area or Los Angeles.
"He said he was going to come back inside in a few minutes. Three, five minutes went by, and I called him, he didn't answer," said mother Lupe Bueno. "I came out, the car was gone and my son was gone."
Bueno says she and Ramos are wrapped up in a bitter custody battle. Their next court appearance was scheduled for Wednesday.
Anyone with information on Ramos' whereabouts should call 911.
amber alert, california news
- Reseda shooting injures 2 on Canby Avenue 3 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE 29 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
47 min ago