Herd of goats jam traffic along I-5 in NorCal
TWIN CITIES, Calif. (KABC) -- A herd of goats trying to cross Interstate 5 near Twin Cities caused a major pile up that forced officials to temporarily shut down part of the highway.
Officials said at least 100 goats ran onto the freeway Saturday night causing drivers to swerve and crash.
At least 30 goats were killed. One woman was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment.
At one point, all lanes in both directions were shut down.
animal news, road closure, california news
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained 21 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 14 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue 5 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour 26 min ago