Herd of goats jam traffic along I-5 in NorCal
TWIN CITIES, Calif. (KABC) -- A herd of goats trying to cross Interstate 5 near Twin Cities caused a major pile up that forced officials to temporarily shut down part of the highway.
Officials said at least 100 goats ran onto the freeway Saturday night causing drivers to swerve and crash.
At least 30 goats were killed. One woman was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment.
At one point, all lanes in both directions were shut down.
animal news, road closure, california news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison