Herd of goats jam traffic along I-5 in NorCal
TWIN CITIES, Calif. (KABC) -- A herd of goats trying to cross Interstate 5 near Twin Cities caused a major pile up that forced officials to temporarily shut down part of the highway.
Officials said at least 100 goats ran onto the freeway Saturday night causing drivers to swerve and crash.
At least 30 goats were killed. One woman was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment.
At one point, all lanes in both directions were shut down.
animal news, road closure, california news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean 6 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 45 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere