Security alert issued at Camp Pendleton
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. (KABC) -- A security alert was reportedly issued at Camp Pendleton after three Middle-Eastern men in two vehicles drove onto the base under suspicious circumstances Saturday night around midnight.
The drivers said they didn't know each other, but both said they were lost and trying to get to Glendale.
One of the drivers reportedly ignored orders to wait at the main gate and drove onto the base.
A search turned up no weapons.
But an airbag had been pulled out and reattached with duct tape and wires were hanging free.
The next morning the other driver returned to the base and said he made a mistake and was trying to get onto Interstate 5.
A background check showed that the men all had clean records.
security, california news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 42 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 4 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 3 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 12 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years 17 min ago
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...