State damage estimate from Japan tsunami upped
California's damage estimate from last month's tsunami has reportedly increased.
The damage estimate is now $48 million, about $4 million more than a previous estimate.
Harbors in Santa Cruz and Crescent City were among the hardest hit by the surge of water triggered by Japan's 9.0-magnitude earthquake.
The California Emergency Management Agency is also reportedly planning to seek federal aid to help pay for repairs.
earthquake, california news
- 4 hospitalized in Fullerton bar stabbing 26 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Crime Stoppers director swallows evidence
1 min ago