Convicted RFK assassin: girl manipulated him
COALINGA, Calif. (KABC) -- Convicted assassin Sirhan Sirhan says a woman used mind control to get him to fire his gun the night Sen. Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated.
The claim comes in legal papers filed by Sirhan's lawyers this week.
They're based on hours of interviews with Sirhan, some with him under hypnosis.
He claims a woman in a polka-dot dress was the controller who led him to fire his gun in the hotel where Kennedy was killed.
Sirhan's lawyers also claim their client was a diversion and another gunman killed Kennedy.
For the first time, Sirhan said under hypnosis that on a cue from the girl he went into "range mode" believing he was at a firing range and seeing circles with targets in front of his eyes.
"I thought that I was at the range more than I was actually shooting at any person, let alone Bobby Kennedy," Sirhan was quoted as saying during interviews with Daniel Brown, a Harvard University professor and expert in trauma memory and hypnosis. He interviewed Sirhan for 60 hours with and without hypnosis, according to the legal brief.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
murder, california news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)