San Jose State garage shooting leaves 3 dead
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KABC) -- A shooting at a parking structure at San Jose State University left three people dead on Tuesday night, including the suspected gunman.
Investigators have not revealed whether the victims are students.
Authorities believe the shooting was a murder-suicide, but a possible motive is unknown at this point in the investigation.
Police responded to the shooting on the fifth floor of the campus's main garage just after 8:30 p.m. Two people were pronounced dead at the scene. A third person was declared dead at a local hospital.
A school spokesperson is calling it an isolated incident, and says the campus was never in danger. Some students have complained they didn't get any emergency text alerts about the shooting.
The names of the victims were not immediately released.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
school shooting, murder, california news
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director 53 min ago
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors 39 min ago
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan