San Diego DA seeks Nunez commutation reversal
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- San Diego County's district attorney has filed a lawsuit hoping to nullify former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's commutation of a prison sentence for the son of a political ally.
The victim's parents stood by as Dumanis explained Wednesday's legal action.
"Basically we're asking the court, we're showing them this was not constitutional, and we're asking the court to revert back to the original sentence because this needs to be changed," said Dumanis.
The lawsuit San Diego County filed Wednesday is believed to be the first of its kind in the nation.
arnold schwarzenegger, murder, sentencing, california news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks