San Diego DA seeks Nunez commutation reversal
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- San Diego County's district attorney has filed a lawsuit hoping to nullify former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's commutation of a prison sentence for the son of a political ally.
The victim's parents stood by as Dumanis explained Wednesday's legal action.
"Basically we're asking the court, we're showing them this was not constitutional, and we're asking the court to revert back to the original sentence because this needs to be changed," said Dumanis.
The lawsuit San Diego County filed Wednesday is believed to be the first of its kind in the nation.
arnold schwarzenegger, murder, sentencing, california news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 40 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 59 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 47 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 17 min ago
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite 42 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour