San Diego DA seeks Nunez commutation reversal
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- San Diego County's district attorney has filed a lawsuit hoping to nullify former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's commutation of a prison sentence for the son of a political ally.
The victim's parents stood by as Dumanis explained Wednesday's legal action.
"Basically we're asking the court, we're showing them this was not constitutional, and we're asking the court to revert back to the original sentence because this needs to be changed," said Dumanis.
The lawsuit San Diego County filed Wednesday is believed to be the first of its kind in the nation.
arnold schwarzenegger, murder, sentencing, california news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church 16 min ago
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
12 min ago