San Diego DA seeks Nunez commutation reversal
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- San Diego County's district attorney has filed a lawsuit hoping to nullify former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's commutation of a prison sentence for the son of a political ally.
The victim's parents stood by as Dumanis explained Wednesday's legal action.
"Basically we're asking the court, we're showing them this was not constitutional, and we're asking the court to revert back to the original sentence because this needs to be changed," said Dumanis.
The lawsuit San Diego County filed Wednesday is believed to be the first of its kind in the nation.
arnold schwarzenegger, murder, sentencing, california news
- Charges expected against sheriff's officials 33 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders 52 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge 28 min ago
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke