Schwarzenegger mistress's family tight-lipped
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The sister of Arnold Schwarzenegger's mistress spoke about the toll the scandal is taking on her family.
Revelations about Arnold's Schwarzenegger's affair and secret child are taking a toll. Though family members of mistress Mildred "Patty" Baena are saying little, their comments indicate that they are surprised as the rest of the world about who the child's father is.
"It's so hard, I don't want to say anything. It is so hard for everybody already," said Miriam Pena, Baena's sister. "I don't want to say anything. I have said enough already."
It is a crisis they were not prepared to cope with. Baena's daughter, Jackie Rozo, limited her statement to defending her mother.
"My mom's a great woman. She is the most caring person you'll ever know," said Rozo.
Pena described being caught in the public eye in a bewildering set of circumstances: "It is really tough for everybody, so I don't want to say anything. I love her very much. I care for everybody."
"Arnold can make [the illegitimate son] an heir, but Arnold also has the right under California law to disinherit the child, but presumably Arnold will be generous and give the child something," said family law attorney Robert Nachshin.
arnold schwarzenegger, california news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book