Hybrid stickers for carpool lane access to expire June 30
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's the end of the road for hybrid stickers getting you into the carpool lane.
The California Department of Motor Vehicles says the yellow stickers that allowed owners of about 85,000 hybrid vehicles to use carpool lanes even when they are driving solo will expire at the end of June.
The deadline has been extended twice, but the DMV says June 30 will be the final day for the hybrid carpool privilege and there will be no exceptions.
The stickers were issued from 2005 to 2007 to entice drivers to buy hybrids.
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds