Giants' fan Bryan Stow's children speak out for 1st time
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Bryan Stow's children are speaking out for the first time since their father was severely beaten on opening day at Dodger Stadium.
Father's Day will be a lot different this year for 12-year-old Tyler Stow and 8-year-old Tabitha Stow. Their father has been in a coma since the brutal attack in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium nearly three months ago.
Stow, 42, was transferred in May to a hospital in San Francisco, where he is showing some signs of improvement.
Tyler and Tabitha say they love their father, calling him their hero.
"He's really special. He's not like any other dad. It kind of feels weird not having him stay by your side," said Tabitha.
"He did special things with us, different from what other dads would do. I spent a lot of time with him. So it's like completely different not going with him every weekend or every Thursday. So, it's really tough," said Tyler.
Tyler and Tabitha say they usually attend a Giants game with their dad on Father's Day. This year, the children plan to make a photo collage for their dad's hospital room.
Giovanni Ramirez, 31, is still the prime suspect in the brutal beating of Stow. He remains in jail on a parole hold.
Police have not yet identified a second attacker or a woman suspected of driving away from the scene with the two suspects. Anyone with information about the case is urged to call (877) LAPD-24-7.
los angeles dodgers, san francisco giants, california news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report