Proposition 8 supporters file new appeal
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- The next round is under way in the battle over Proposition 8. Supporters of the measure have filed a new appeal.
Proposition 8 was approved by California voters and would have banned same-sex marriage. Northern California Judge Vaughn Walker declared the proposition unconstitutional.
Walker retired, and then admitted he's gay. Critics argue that he should have recused himself. The judge's replacement refused to change his predecessor's ruling.
The new appeal, filed Monday, challenges the latest refusal.
prop 8, legal, california news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 14 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)