Proposition 8 supporters file new appeal
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- The next round is under way in the battle over Proposition 8. Supporters of the measure have filed a new appeal.
Proposition 8 was approved by California voters and would have banned same-sex marriage. Northern California Judge Vaughn Walker declared the proposition unconstitutional.
Walker retired, and then admitted he's gay. Critics argue that he should have recused himself. The judge's replacement refused to change his predecessor's ruling.
The new appeal, filed Monday, challenges the latest refusal.
prop 8, legal, california news
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 56 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate