Shriver files for divorce from Schwarzenegger
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Maria Shriver has filed for divorce from former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Shriver filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court Friday.
Schwarzenegger had admitted to fathering a child out of wedlock and keeping it a secret for more than a decade.
Shriver and Schwarzenegger have been separated since May.
Shriver cited irreconcilable differences in the filing.
She requested joint legal and physical custody of their two minor children, Patrick and Christopher. The couple has four children together.
Shriver is asking for Schwarzenegger to pay attorney fees and costs.
Shriver is also asking for spousal support.
arnold schwarzenegger, divorce, celebrity, california news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book