Shriver files for divorce from Schwarzenegger
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Maria Shriver has filed for divorce from former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Shriver filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court Friday.
Schwarzenegger had admitted to fathering a child out of wedlock and keeping it a secret for more than a decade.
Shriver and Schwarzenegger have been separated since May.
Shriver cited irreconcilable differences in the filing.
She requested joint legal and physical custody of their two minor children, Patrick and Christopher. The couple has four children together.
Shriver is asking for Schwarzenegger to pay attorney fees and costs.
Shriver is also asking for spousal support.
arnold schwarzenegger, divorce, celebrity, california news
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 49 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Longest Rose Parade float goes for test drive
59 min ago