Schwarzenegger, Shriver's son out of hospital
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The youngest son of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver has been released from the hospital after a serious boogie-boarding accident in Malibu.
Shriver tweeted on Tuesday, "Blessed to be able to take Christopher out of the hospital last night. What a feeling of relief to know that he's going to be fine."
Christopher Schwarzenegger had suffered a collapsed lung and broken bones in the accident.
Arnold Schwarzenegger also tweeted on Tuesday saying, "I knew Christopher couldn't be stopped! Big thanks to all the doctors, nurses & staff at UCLA that helped him recover."
The accident came on the heels of a divorce battle between Schwarzenegger and Shriver.
The former governor amended his divorce filing on Monday, withdrawing a request to cut Shriver's spousal support. He also indicated he's willing to pay Shriver's attorney fees.
The couple separated after Schwarzenegger revealed he fathered a child with a housekeeper.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
arnold schwarzenegger, divorce, celebrity, california news
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt 28 min ago
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians