Schwarzenegger, Shriver's son out of hospital
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The youngest son of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver has been released from the hospital after a serious boogie-boarding accident in Malibu.
Shriver tweeted on Tuesday, "Blessed to be able to take Christopher out of the hospital last night. What a feeling of relief to know that he's going to be fine."
Christopher Schwarzenegger had suffered a collapsed lung and broken bones in the accident.
Arnold Schwarzenegger also tweeted on Tuesday saying, "I knew Christopher couldn't be stopped! Big thanks to all the doctors, nurses & staff at UCLA that helped him recover."
The accident came on the heels of a divorce battle between Schwarzenegger and Shriver.
The former governor amended his divorce filing on Monday, withdrawing a request to cut Shriver's spousal support. He also indicated he's willing to pay Shriver's attorney fees.
The couple separated after Schwarzenegger revealed he fathered a child with a housekeeper.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
arnold schwarzenegger, divorce, celebrity, california news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited 52 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant 3 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis