Hate crimes against Hispanics up in Calif.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The number of hate crimes against Hispanics in California has nearly doubled, according to the state attorney general.
There were 119 recorded hate crimes against Hispanics in 2010, compared to 81 just a year earlier.
That amounts to a 47-percent increase.
While anti-Hispanic hate crimes were up, the overall number of hate crimes in California stayed about the same year-to-year.
hate crime, california news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law 29 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
54 min ago