Missing NorCal toddler, father found dead
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a missing 2-year-old Sacramento girl and her father have been found dead in the man's vehicle in El Dorado County.
The bodies of Madeline Samaan-Fay and 49-year-old Mourad "Moni" Samaan were discovered in his green Toyota 4Runner in a rural area north of the capital.
The FBI had issued a statewide Amber Alert on Friday for the toddler. She was taken by her father after her mother was granted custody, ending what had been a joint custody arrangement.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
amber alert, missing person, kidnap, california news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 5 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 47 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker