Man dies in fall over Yosemite's Half Dome
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- There has been another death at Yosemite National Park.
Ryan Leeder, 23, of Los Gatos went over the side of the iconic Half Dome Monday evening and fell 2,500 feet.
Park officials said the death appears to be accidental.
Leeder was hiking alone and no one saw him fall, so the circumstances remain unclear.
He is the 17th person this year to die in the park or from injuries suffered in the park, making it one of the deadliest years in Yosemite's history.
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Prop D passed by LA voters; limits pot shops 37 min ago
- Huffing suspected in college student's death
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10