NorCal missing girl, kidnap suspect found in San Bernardino
SAN BERNARDINO (KABC) -- A missing Northern California teen and her suspected kidnapper were found Wednesday by CHP along the 215 Freeway in San Bernardino.
The San Benito County Sheriff's Department said the girl was abducted from Hollister, north of Salinas, on Tuesday.
An Amber Alert was issued Tuesday night to search for 13-year-old Christina Ramirez.
The California Highway Patrol received reports of possible sightings at about 4:40 a.m. Wednesday n San Bernardino.
The CHP confirmed the girl and her suspected kidnapper, identified by authorities as her father 34-year-old Marcelino Ramirez, were found on the 215 Freeway, north of the 10 Freeway.
The Amber Alert was canceled after the two were found.
The girl and the suspect were taken to a CHP station in Sam Bernardino.
san bernardino county, amber alert, missing person, california highway patrol, california news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event