Marijuana discovered in hot sauce shipment
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers arrested a man after finding about 2,330 pounds of marijuana in boxes of hot sauce at the Otay Mesa cargo facility last week.
Officials said the 39-year-old male resident of Tijuana entered the cargo port with a tractor trailer that carried the hot sauce.
Officers ran the tractor trailer through the port's x-ray imaging system and noticed irregularities with the cargo.
They opened the boxes and found 123 wrapped packages of marijuana. Authorities said the drugs have a street value of $1.4 million.
marijuana, california news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 11 min ago
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious 6 min ago
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West 2 min ago
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach 21 min ago
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son