San Diego woman suspected of burning boyfriend's house
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A San Diego woman was arrested after police said she set her boyfriend's house on fire.
In a statement released Saturday, officers said 21-year-old Johanna Gutierrez used gasoline to set a bedroom couch on fire and caused heavy damage in the home of her 25-year-old boyfriend, Oscar Garcia.
Garcia said he and Gutierrez got into an argument at her house, and then he got home and saw her running out his front door.
He then called authorities and police arrested Gutierrez soon after.
No one was hurt. Garcia lived in the home with his father and three brothers.
Firefighters put out the blaze in about 10 minutes, but it caused an estimated $130,000 in damage.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, arrest, san diego, california news
- Video released in attack of transgender woman 48 min ago
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 39 min ago
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director 28 min ago
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7 31 min ago
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- California DMV tackles 'driverless car'...
15 min ago